- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 3: Shingles and Windows
Architectural Possibilties in a Modern Cape
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 3, Part 4
On the ground, Ryley and framing contractor Kevin Parquette are installing windows. Also, Bob explores the home designs of the firm of noted 20th-century architect Royal Barry Wills, an avid proponent of preserving historical accuracy and proportion in designing elegant, sensible houses for modern living.
- Part 1: Building a Pitched Roof
- Part 2: Window Placement and Installation
- Part 3: Cape Cod-Style Architecture and Royal Barry Wills
- Part 4: Architectural Possibilties in a Modern Cape
- Dick Wills takes Bob on a tour of the interior of his Cape-style home. The house is much larger than Bob expected with a library, master suite, large family country kitchen, utility space and mud room, and then, upstairs, two bedrooms, each with their own baths. Wills took advantage of the slope of the Cape roof to open up the interior and give it some volume. The great room is 28-by-34 with a high ceiling and a balcony looking down into the room.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL