- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 4: Radiant Heating System and Ductwork
Running HVAC Ductwork, Part 1
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 4, Part 3
- Part 1: Installing a Preassembled Whole-House Radiant Heating System
- Part 2: Tour of the Julia Wood House in Falmouth, MA
- Part 3: Running HVAC Ductwork, Part 1
- Bob meets with Peter Merianos and the crew from Coastal Heating and Air Conditioning, who are fabricating the AC ductwork on site. With the Kenmore air handler already installed in the attic, the crew begins assembling the ductwork using five-foot lengths of pre-crimped sheet-metal ducting as the basic material. The sections snap together and are secured with sheet-metal screws and foil tape.
To add a new line off the main trunk, the crew cuts a hole into the the trunk with a special tool. A starting collar from which the new line will extend is then inserted into the hole. The ductwork is insulated using vinyl wrap.
- Part 4: Running HVAC Ductwork, Part 2
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL