- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 8: Garage Door and Generator Installation
Installing a Home Back-Up Generator
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 8, Part 1
On the other end of the house, new Wayne-Dalton Carriage House garage doors are being installed (for use with a Craftsman garage door opener). Also, Bob tours the Jackson homestead in Newton, MA.
- Part 1: Installing a Home Back-Up Generator
- Ron Ford from Kohler Power Systems joins Bob to talk about the 22-kilowatt backup generator that has been installed. The generator is permanently connected to the home's main power distribution center and will keep important household appliances (including furnaces, refrigerator, security systems, and computers) running in the event of a power outage.
Powered by natural gas and is insulated to minimize noise, the generator automatically supplies electricity in the event of a power outage without having to be switched on by the homeowner. It will even kick in if the homeowner is away from home.
- Part 2: Tour of the Jackson Homestead in Newton, MA
- Part 3: Installing Carriage-Style Garage Doors
- Part 4: Heavy-Duty Garage Door Opener and Features
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL