- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 9: Wood Floor Installation
Traditional Hardwood Flooring from Carlisle
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 9, Part 2
On the first floor, Don and Kerry Carlisle from Carlisle Restoration Lumber (a supplier of reclaimed lumber) are on hand to tell Bob about the wide oak flooring that was chosen, and the milling process that goes into a Carlisle board.
Next, Howard Brickman explains different methods of flooring installation before beginning a gluing and nailing process in the kitchen. Moving to the dining room, Howard demonstrates a screwing and plugging technique, as well as the FloorWatch monitor system, which allows you to observe the moisture content of a floor remotely.
- Part 1: Laying Down a Cobblestone Driveway Apron
- Part 2: Traditional Hardwood Flooring from Carlisle
- Don and Kerry Carlisle (from Carlisle Restoration Lumber) visit the modern Colonial house to discuss the custom flooring being installed in the kitchen area.
Carlisle specializes in custom products, and spends a great deal of time communicating with the homeowners about what kinds of styles and colors are available. Don Carlisle explains to Bob how this family business focuses on maintaining slow-growth and long-growth trees and maximizing the yield from each tree.
- Part 3: Wideboard Hardwood Floor Installation
- Part 4: Moisture Content and Vapor Barrier for Wood Floors
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL