- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 11: Interior Door Installation and Plan Modifications
Hanging an Engineered Wood Six-Panel Door
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 11, Part 2
Upstairs, Bob Ryley is hard at work in the master bedroom, beginning with a door installation leading into the master bathroom. Jim Daniels from Woodport is on hand to discuss the features of the door with Bob. Finally, Ryley works on trimming out the doorframe and windows.
- Part 1: Custom Home Design Using Computer Software
- Part 2: Hanging an Engineered Wood Six-Panel Door
- Carpenter Bob Ryley and Jim Daniels (of Woodport Interior Doors) join Bob on location to hang a new door in the master bathroom. The pre-hung, six-panel door being installed is made from medium density fiberboard, an engineered lumber product made from wood chips. The chips are compressed to create a sturdy, stable product that is easy to paint.
- Part 3: Shimming, Centering, and Hanging a Door
- Part 4: Installing Interior Window Casings and Sill
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL