- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 12: Interior Woodwork
History of the North Bennet Street School
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 12, Part 2
With traditional woodworking and reproduction craftwork in mind, Bob visits Robert Adam, an instructor at the North Bennet Street School to talk about the school's preservation carpentry program. Adam and student Nick Beasley join Bob back at the project house to handcraft the fireplace molding with traditional hand planes.
- Part 1: Designing and Crafting Historical Reproduction Crown Molding
- Part 2: History of the North Bennet Street School
- Bob takes a trip into Boston to visit the North Bennet Street School. The school, which focuses on training students in traditional handcraft trades ranging from preservation carpentry to violin restoration, has been in operation for over a century. Before touring the facilities, Bob takes a look back at the people and principles that have shaped the curriculum over the years.
- Part 3: Hand Crafting Reproduction Moldings
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL