- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 12: Interior Woodwork
Designing and Crafting Historical Reproduction Crown Molding
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 12, Part 1
With traditional woodworking and reproduction craftwork in mind, Bob visits Robert Adam, an instructor at the North Bennet Street School to talk about the school's preservation carpentry program. Adam and student Nick Beasley join Bob back at the project house to handcraft the fireplace molding with traditional hand planes.
- Part 1: Designing and Crafting Historical Reproduction Crown Molding
- Brent Hull, of Hull Historical Millwork, is on location to help with the installation of the dining room's crown molding. The WindsorONE millwork selected for this modern Colonial was patterned after traditional molding styles seen in early American architecture. Hull, whose expertise is in preserving historic buildings, shows a selection of reference materials used to design and craft authentic millwork reproductions.
- Part 2: History of the North Bennet Street School
- Part 3: Hand Crafting Reproduction Moldings
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL