- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 13: Exterior Landscaping
Designing an Elizabethan Garden and Naturalistic Landscaping
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 13, Part 2
Foster explains which plants she's chosen and how they fit into the Colonial's design scheme. Back on site, the crew from Mahoney's is hard at work planting, and Foster walks Bob through her design, which includes a geometric garden in the center.
To keep lawn and landscape in top shape, a crew from Just Irrigation is installing a RainBird sprinkler system.
- Part 1: Recreating a Colonial Garden
- Part 2: Designing an Elizabethan Garden and Naturalistic Landscaping
- Bob rejoins Ruth Foster to look over the landscape work in progress and to see how the design has come to life. Foster outlines the major landscape features, including the orderly Elizabethan-inspired garden in the center of the yard, and the more naturalistic garden near the side of the house. The garden's plant choices are roughly positioned and planting is underway.
- Part 3: Shrub Planting Techniques
- Part 4: Garden Irrigation System Installation
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL