- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 16: Kitchen Cabinetry and Countertops
Kitchen Cabinet Installation
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 16, Part 2
Later, Bob discusses the countertops with Evan Zgonis from Olympia Marble and Granite, and takes a tour of their fabrication center. Finally, the new granite countertop is delivered to the jobsite and installed.
- Part 1: Kitchen Cabinet Design
- Part 2: Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- John Wellborn (from Wellborn Cabinets) and carpenter Paul Anderson join Bob for the kitchen cabinet installation.
Wellborn clamps cabinet sections together to ensure that the joints are nice and tight and that the units are square and flush. Next, a fluted pilaster is attached to the top. This will receive the crown molding that kitchen designer Darci Miller has chosen. Finally, the end panels are attached to each side.
To secure the cabinets to the wall, Paul Anderson scores a line on the wall to ensure the units will be level. Then he attaches two-by-fours to the wall for the cabinets to rest on while they are being fastened. Once the cabinets are secure, the two-by-fours are removed and the cabinet doors attached.
- Part 3: Manufacturing Marble Kitchen Countertops
- Part 4: Installing Marble Kitchen Countertops
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL