- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 16: Kitchen Cabinetry and Countertops
Installing Marble Kitchen Countertops
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 16, Part 4
Later, Bob discusses the countertops with Evan Zgonis from Olympia Marble and Granite, and takes a tour of their fabrication center. Finally, the new granite countertop is delivered to the jobsite and installed.
- Part 1: Kitchen Cabinet Design
- Part 2: Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Part 3: Manufacturing Marble Kitchen Countertops
- Part 4: Installing Marble Kitchen Countertops
- Evan Zgonis and the crew form Olympia Marble and Granite are installing the marble countertops in the kitchen. The slabs weigh about 300 pounds apiece, so the crew takes extra care in lining each piece up correctly. Once each slab is in place, a bead of silicone is applied to the bottom to secure it. In addition, a silicone-based sealer is applied to the top to help prevent staining.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL