- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 18: Interior Decorating Tour
Interior Painting Preparation
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 18, Part 2
Bob catches up on the work taking place inside the modern Colonial house. First, Vila and Gary Prevedini from Andersen talk about the features of the windows in the great room, and painter John Fish gives Bob a little \primer\" on proper painting techniques . Interior designer Leslie Curtis is on site to tour the house and explain the different color ideas she has for each room. (Use BobVila.com's Paint Designer for more help on choosing interior paint colors.) Finally
- Part 1: Working With Pre-Finished Windows
- Part 2: Interior Painting Preparation
- Painter John Fish is beginning work on the interior of the modern Colonial project house. Fish begins by filling all the nail holes in the trim with an oil-based putty. Next, he lightly sands around the windows and removes any dust or dirt with a soft cloth. Finally, Vila and Fish grab a set of pole sanders and go to work smoothing any irregularities on the wall surface. Once the walls are finished, painting can begin.
- Part 3: Lyman Estate Tour
- Part 4: Decorating the Master Bedroom
This project focuses on the construction of a Colonial-style home built with both history and the future in mind. While the 4-bedroom, 4-bath home will have a traditional exterior and interior detailing, the plan will suit the needs of a modern family, including easy-maintenance fireplaces, a great room, master suite, sun room, 3-car garage, and a large walk-out basement with plenty of room for recreation and indoor/outdoor living.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL