- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 24: More Interior Design Projects
Tour of the Chinese Parlor at Winterthur
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 24, Part 2
Interior design work continues. Artist Polly Forcier (of MB Historic Decor) is working on a Colonial-style mural in the kitchen. And for a little high-tech flair, Brent Thompson is on-site to install a new IceBox kitchen entertainment center, which combines TV, radio, and Internet access into one appliance. Local artisan Linda Gavin stops by to show Bob some custom lampshades she's created for the house. Offsite, Bob takes another trip to Winterthur in Delaware, this time visiting the Chinese Parlor exhibit.
- Part 1: Shaker-Style Mural Painting
- Part 2: Tour of the Chinese Parlor at Winterthur
- Bob revisits The Winterthur Garden and Museum, this time touring the Chinese Parlor with curator Pauline Eversmann. The Parlor is actually a combination of three rooms. The wallpaper depicts the social hierarchy of Chinese life.
- Part 3: Kitchen Internet Appliance
This project focuses on the construction of a Colonial-style home built with both history and the future in mind. While the 4-bedroom, 4-bath home will have a traditional exterior and interior detailing, the plan will suit the needs of a modern family, including easy-maintenance fireplaces, a great room, master suite, sun room, 3-car garage, and a large walk-out basement with plenty of room for recreation and indoor/outdoor living.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila