- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 25: Appliance Installation and Furniture Making
Moving Appliances Without Damaging Wood Floors
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 25, Part 1
Bob takes a quick look at the completed murals and stencils from MB Historic Decor. Plus, plumbing contractor Dave DuVerger is on location to install the washer and dryer and the shower hardware. Bob Ryley is also on-site, installing a new Robern medicine cabinet in one of the upstairs bathrooms.
Bob visits the North Bennet Street School in Boston to learn more about decorative arts and the school's furniture-making program. Back at the project house, North Bennet student and furniture maker Thomas MacDonald is in the workshop demonstrating how he creates furniture details.
- Part 1: Moving Appliances Without Damaging Wood Floors
- Bob meets with flooring specialist Howard Brickman, who has completed the home's beautiful wood floors. The next challenge is to move heavy appliances across the new surface without damaging the floor or its finish. Brickman's solution is The Airsled, a device that uses compressed air to lift appliances weighing up to 1400 pounds. Using the Airsled, one person can easily maneuver appliances without damaging the floor or their back.
- Part 2: Installing Plumbing Loop and Fixtures for Multiple-Head Shower
- Part 3: Furniture Making at the North Bennet Street School
- Part 4: Hand-Carving a Mahogany Drawer Front
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL