- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 25: Appliance Installation and Furniture Making
Furniture Making at the North Bennet Street School
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 25, Part 3
Bob takes a quick look at the completed murals and stencils from MB Historic Decor. Plus, plumbing contractor Dave DuVerger is on location to install the washer and dryer and the shower hardware. Bob Ryley is also on-site, installing a new Robern medicine cabinet in one of the upstairs bathrooms.
Bob visits the North Bennet Street School in Boston to learn more about decorative arts and the school's furniture-making program. Back at the project house, North Bennet student and furniture maker Thomas MacDonald is in the workshop demonstrating how he creates furniture details.
- Part 1: Moving Appliances Without Damaging Wood Floors
- Part 2: Installing Plumbing Loop and Fixtures for Multiple-Head Shower
- Part 3: Furniture Making at the North Bennet Street School
- Bob visits with Alex Krutsky at the North Bennet Street School in Boston. Bob and Krutsky discuss the school's admissions process, which requires previous carpentry experience. Then, Bob examines a furniture project by student Tommy MacDonald. MacDonald's elaborate casework example is based on an original design made in Salem, MA in the 1780s by craftsman Henry Russ.
- Part 4: Hand-Carving a Mahogany Drawer Front
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL