- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Manhattan Remodel and Cape Cod Affordable > Episode 13: Installing Pre-Hung Doors, Hardwood Floors, and Gutters
Discussing the Bellawood Maple Hardwood Floor
Project: Manhattan Remodel and Cape Cod Affordable, Episode 13, Part 2
- Part 1: Installing a Therma-Tru Pre-Hung Door
- Part 2: Discussing the Bellawood Maple Hardwood Floor
- Tom Sullivan of Bellawood is in one of the four Mashpee affordable homes where they have donated hardwood flooring for the living room, dining room, and kitchen of each house. This 3 1/4 inch natural Maple flooring has color variations, tight knots, and more visual wood character than a select grade. Like the select and rustic grades, this Maple flooring is 12 percent harder than a Red Oak floor and will last a lifetime. Sullivan shows Bob a prefinished, micro-beveled plank that comes ready to install with a variety of lengths ranging from one to six feet. Bellawood provides a 50-year finish warranty on its flooring, which has eight coats of an aluminum-oxide based semigloss finish. Bob notes how the crew has positioned the pieces in advance to avoid lining up seams and to ensure an aesthetically pleasing layout. Sullivan points out that they have put rosin paper over the plywood subfloor and under the hardwood installation to combat squeaking.
- Part 3: LeafGuard Gutters Installed
- Part 4: Pre-Hung Affordable Doors and Installing Pre-Primed Wood Molding
At the same time, Bob works with a Cape Cod developer to apply Massachusetts land use statute 40B to create affordable housing, and a neighborhood of homes in Mashpee, MA. These Energy Star certified homes show how quality building practices and reasonable asking prices can work together to provide livable, affordable homes and neighborhoods to those who work in our communities.
ALL EPISODES IN MANHATTAN REMODEL AND CAPE COD AFFORDABLE