- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Manhattan Remodel and Cape Cod Affordable > Episode 13: Installing Pre-Hung Doors, Hardwood Floors, and Gutters
LeafGuard Gutters Installed
Project: Manhattan Remodel and Cape Cod Affordable, Episode 13, Part 3
- Part 1: Installing a Therma-Tru Pre-Hung Door
- Part 2: Discussing the Bellawood Maple Hardwood Floor
- Part 3: LeafGuard Gutters Installed
- Bill Powers of GutterPro joins Bob at the Mashpee, Massachusetts, affordable home sites for the installation of their LeafGuard gutters. These gutters are fabricated on site with a specialized installation truck that extrudes the aluminum, bends it, and crimps it to form the unique overhanging guard and gutter as a one-piece system. The fabricator creates each job on site, cutting each length to fit and drilling holes for connector pipes with little or no wasted material. Once installed with heavy-duty vinyl brackets to hold the gutters away from the fascia, these unique gutters will use the principle of liquid adhesion carry water from the roof to the surface of the gutter cover and over the lip into the gutter itself. Leaves and debris fall away, while water follows the pathway directly into the gutter. This system is priced by the lineal foot and typically runs $10 per lineal foot installed.
- Part 4: Pre-Hung Affordable Doors and Installing Pre-Primed Wood Molding
At the same time, Bob works with a Cape Cod developer to apply Massachusetts land use statute 40B to create affordable housing, and a neighborhood of homes in Mashpee, MA. These Energy Star certified homes show how quality building practices and reasonable asking prices can work together to provide livable, affordable homes and neighborhoods to those who work in our communities.
ALL EPISODES IN MANHATTAN REMODEL AND CAPE COD AFFORDABLE