- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Habitat for Humanity > Episode 1: Habitat for Humanity Project Begins
Habitat for Humanity's Blitz Build in Yonkers, NY
Project: Habitat for Humanity, Episode 1, Part 1
Back on site, Bob Ryley talks about the pre-cast foundation system from Superior Walls of America. Dennis Hardman of the Engineered Wood Association, one of the project's primary sponsors, points out a number of the engineered wood products being utilized in the build.
Next, Bob visits a Habitat community in Phoenix, AZ to learn a bit more about the organization. And Finally, Bob joins with the architect of the Yonkers project house, Ed Binkley, together with Jim Killoran (from Habitat for Humanity), to discuss the plans.
- Part 1: Habitat for Humanity's Blitz Build in Yonkers, NY
- Along with a team of volunteers and Habitat for Humanity, Bob undertakes the considerable task of building a house in exactly one week. Before construction begins, Bob takes us on a tour of Yonkers and meets with Mayor John Spencer.
- Part 2: Laying Precast Foundation System and Discussing Engineered Wood
- Part 3: Review of the Project Plans
ALL EPISODES IN HABITAT FOR HUMANITY