- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Habitat for Humanity > Episode 1: Habitat for Humanity Project Begins
Laying Precast Foundation System and Discussing Engineered Wood
Project: Habitat for Humanity, Episode 1, Part 2
Back on site, Bob Ryley talks about the pre-cast foundation system from Superior Walls of America. Dennis Hardman of the Engineered Wood Association, one of the project's primary sponsors, points out a number of the engineered wood products being utilized in the build.
Next, Bob visits a Habitat community in Phoenix, AZ to learn a bit more about the organization. And Finally, Bob joins with the architect of the Yonkers project house, Ed Binkley, together with Jim Killoran (from Habitat for Humanity), to discuss the plans.
- Part 1: Habitat for Humanity's Blitz Build in Yonkers, NY
- Part 2: Laying Precast Foundation System and Discussing Engineered Wood
- Carpenter Bob Ryley meets with Jim Whiteside, construction manager with Habitat for Humanity, and Dennis Hodgrin (from the APA) to look at the pre-cast foundation by Superior Wall Systems. Plus, Dennis shows Ryley the engineered wood used in the Yonkers "Blitz Build".
- Part 3: Review of the Project Plans
ALL EPISODES IN HABITAT FOR HUMANITY