- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Habitat for Humanity > Episode 6: Siding and Drywall
Touring the LP Engineered Wood Siding Plant
Project: Habitat for Humanity, Episode 6, Part 1
Volunteers are still hard at work in Yonkers, and it's time for siding. Bob talks to some volunteers about the SmartSystem installation process, and then takes us to the Louisiana-Pacific facility in Two Harbors, Minnesota where we'll learn more about the materials used. Inside the house, the blitz build is in full force as a team of workers apply the drywall utilizing special pre-finished corners in record time.
- Part 1: Touring the LP Engineered Wood Siding Plant
- Bob visits Two Harbors, MN where Charles Bradford, VP of manufacturing, leads a tour of the plant where Louisiana Pacific manufactures their SmartSystem line of exterior trim products.
- Part 2: Plastering the Walls
- Part 3: Installing the Siding
Bob Vila introduces the latest in sustainable materials and efficient building techniques on a Habitat for Humanity build. This project documents a five-day process that transformed an empty lot into a snug, comfortable, and sustainable home in Yonkers, NY.
ALL EPISODES IN HABITAT FOR HUMANITY