- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Habitat for Humanity > Episode 8: Painting and Door Installation
Hanging a Wood Door in the Basement
Project: Habitat for Humanity, Episode 8, Part 3
Painting is underway. Tyghe O'Donnell is applying low-VOC paint in one of the bedrooms, while, outside, volunteers are using a new paint that's specially formulated for colder temperatures. In McCleary, WA, Bob takes a tour of the Simpson Door plant, while, back in Yonkers, carpenter Bob Ryley installs a door with the help of Steve Parks. Finally, Ren Anderson shows Bob a computerized test of the home's insulation.
- Part 1: Painting With Low-VOC Paint
- Part 2: Tour of the Simpson Door Factory
- Part 3: Hanging a Wood Door in the Basement
- Carpenter Bob Ryley works with door hanger Steve Parks to install a wood door in the basement of the Habitat for Humanity Blitz Build project home in Yonkers, NY.
Bob Vila introduces the latest in sustainable materials and efficient building techniques on a Habitat for Humanity build. This project documents a five-day process that transformed an empty lot into a snug, comfortable, and sustainable home in Yonkers, NY.
ALL EPISODES IN HABITAT FOR HUMANITY