- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Lifespan House > Episode 1: New Project Begins
Discussing Architecture and Building Strategies
Project: Lifespan House, Episode 1, Part 2
Our project, the Duany Plater-Zybek "Lifespan" home, is designed with state-of-the-art features, and its construction has been planned around new building techniques developed to make the house more resistant to extreme weather.
Bob tours the coastal town of Mt. Pleasant and meets the contractor, Kevin Kalman, and other I'On developers to discuss building strategies and techniques.
Work has begun on the first floor deck, and Steve Barth from Willamette Industries is on-hand to explain the EZ Frame system being used. Additional information is available regarding the benefits of building with engineered wood.
- Part 1: Tour of Low Country Architecture in South Carolina
- Part 2: Discussing Architecture and Building Strategies
- Bob tours the coastal town of Mt. Pleasant, SC and meets the contractors, Betsy and Kevin Kalman, and other I'On developers, to discuss building strategies and techniques.
- Part 3: Engineered Wood Floor Joist System
ALL EPISODES IN LIFESPAN HOUSE