- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Lifespan House > Episode 2: Working on the First Floor
Hurricane-, Flood-, and Earthquake-Resistant Building
Project: Lifespan House, Episode 2, Part 3
In downtown Charleston, Bob Vila visits the Clemson University high-wind test house, built to demonstrate the newest building techniques for hurricane resistance.
Back on site, Bryan Readling (from the APA) discusses which techniques are being used in the Mount Pleasant project. Additional information is available regarding constructing and retrofitting homes to withstand hurricanes, installing structural adhesives, storm shutters, and tips for a better roof.
- Part 1: Installing the Tongue-and-Groove Plywood Subfloor System
- Part 2: Discussing the Building Materials and Wall Layout
- Part 3: Hurricane-, Flood-, and Earthquake-Resistant Building
- Bob meets with Beth Judge (of Clemson University) to review hazard-resistant building techniques at a demonstration house used to teach builders and architects in Charleston, SC.
- Part 4: Roof Sheathing
ALL EPISODES IN LIFESPAN HOUSE