- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Lifespan House > Episode 3: Framing the Roof
Cutting and Laying Roof Rafters for the Vaulted Roof
Project: Lifespan House, Episode 3, Part 2
Bryan Readling (from the APA) joins to review the products being used on the roof, including Peel & Seal tape, a joint sealer, and LP TechShield, a reflective sheathing product.
Back on the ground, construction consultant Steve Easley demonstrates how to install Tyvek wrap around the house.
- Part 1: Tour of I'On Architecture
- Part 2: Cutting and Laying Roof Rafters for the Vaulted Roof
- Bob helps lay rafters for the vaulted roof of the home. After two of the guide rafters are in place, a ridge pole is put in. The ridge pole supports the upper end of the rafters and is made of laminated veneer lumber (LVL). After the ridge pole is in place, the rest of the rafters can be laid down. The rafters have a birdmouth cut. Once plywood is laid on the roof's exterior, hurricane clips will be used to secure the roof.
- Part 3: Roof Framing for Hurricane Safety and Energy Savings
- Part 4: Tyvek House Wrap Installation
ALL EPISODES IN LIFESPAN HOUSE