- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Lifespan House > Episode 5: Metal Roofing and Windows
Installing a Hurricane-Resistant Door
Project: Lifespan House, Episode 5, Part 1
As work on the roof continues, general contractor Kevin Kalman joins Bob for the installation of French doors and Andersen windows in the front living room. Additionally, Bob helps install the siding and cedar trim on the home's exterior.
- Part 1: Installing a Hurricane-Resistant Door
- Bob talks with, observes, and lends a helping hand to Kevin Calman (from Andersen), who is installing a hurricane-resistant Frenchwood door.
- Part 2: Metal Roofing Installation
- Part 3: Installing Cedar Trim and Clapboard Siding
Bob Vila heads to the Low Country: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Steeped in tradition, this historic suburb of Charleston is the scene, not only of a remarkable new home, but of a remarkable transformation in suburban living at the developing community of I'On.
ALL EPISODES IN LIFESPAN HOUSE