- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Lifespan House > Episode 8: Front Porch and Bathroom
Preparing a Shower Pan for Tumbled Stone Tile Installation
Project: Lifespan House, Episode 8, Part 2
In the bathroom, tile work begins, featuring the installation of a tumbled marble shower, surrounded by stenciled design. Also, the granite vanity top for the Kohler lavatory is cut.
Around back, carpenter Bob Ryley and general contractor Kevin Kalman are making progress on the side porch. Additional information is available regarding historic paint colors in the Charleston area.
- Part 1: Finishing the Front Porch and Installing Custom Pine Shutters
- Part 2: Preparing a Shower Pan for Tumbled Stone Tile Installation
- Bob observes the tile setter Tim Galvin build a shower pan, the purpose of which is to protect the surrounding area from moisture. Then, Tim applies mortar on top of the pan, before setting the tile in place.
- Part 3: Laying Plywood for the Front Porch Ceiling
- Part 4: Limestone Tile Installation
ALL EPISODES IN LIFESPAN HOUSE