- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Lifespan House > Episode 8: Front Porch and Bathroom
Limestone Tile Installation
Project: Lifespan House, Episode 8, Part 4
In the bathroom, tile work begins, featuring the installation of a tumbled marble shower, surrounded by stenciled design. Also, the granite vanity top for the Kohler lavatory is cut.
Around back, carpenter Bob Ryley and general contractor Kevin Kalman are making progress on the side porch. Additional information is available regarding historic paint colors in the Charleston area.
- Part 1: Finishing the Front Porch and Installing Custom Pine Shutters
- Part 2: Preparing a Shower Pan for Tumbled Stone Tile Installation
- Part 3: Laying Plywood for the Front Porch Ceiling
- Part 4: Limestone Tile Installation
- On top of inspecting the various types of tile that have been chosen for the bathroom, Bob talks with contractor Tim Galvin, who is installing limestone tile over a heavy bed of mortar.
ALL EPISODES IN LIFESPAN HOUSE