- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Executive Mansion > Episode 4: Removing Windows for Restoration
Restoring the Guest Cottage
Project: Executive Mansion, Episode 4, Part 1
Bob and general contractor Sam Daniel discuss the progress being made on the carriage house. The crew, meanwhile, is busy removing flaking paint from masonry garden walls. Carpenter Bob Ryley is on hand to help remove a window for restoration. And Bob continues his tour of historic homes in Richmond, VA, with a visit to Wickham House, a high-style museum designed by Alexander Parris, the architect of the governor's mansion.
- Part 1: Restoring the Guest Cottage
- Bob checks the progress in attic and basement of the governor's mansion, before visiting the guest cottage to meet Luis Knuckles and Mike Wescott, building professionals at work on the restoration.
- Part 2: Tour of Wickham House
- Part 3: Window Sash Restoration
In Richmond, Virginia, the oldest continuously occupied governor's mansion in America is in need of serious repairs, and Bob Vila's team is there to help. Projects include the complete overhaul and modernization of the basement to include a state-of-the-art caterer's kitchen for official functions, all new mechanical systems, and updates for handicapped accessibility.
ALL EPISODES IN EXECUTIVE MANSION