- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Executive Mansion > Episode 6: Installing a Dumbwaiter
Progress Report on the North Addition
Project: Executive Mansion, Episode 6, Part 3
Bob joins general contractor Sam Daniel to review progress on the north addition. Bob also looks on as a dumbwaiter is installed to connect the basement kitchen to the grand first-floor dining room. Carpenter Bob Ryley is on the second floor, framing the walls for the living quarters.
- Part 1: Dumbwaiter Installation
- Part 2: Progress Report on the Restoration
- Part 3: Progress Report on the North Addition
- Carpenter Bob Ryley and general contractor Sam Daniel issue a progress report on the construction of the north addition to the Viriginia governor's mansion.
In Richmond, Virginia, the oldest continuously occupied governor's mansion in America is in need of serious repairs, and Bob Vila's team is there to help. Projects include the complete overhaul and modernization of the basement to include a state-of-the-art caterer's kitchen for official functions, all new mechanical systems, and updates for handicapped accessibility.
ALL EPISODES IN EXECUTIVE MANSION