- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Executive Mansion > Episode 10: Technology Systems Tested
Technology Systems in the Governor's Mansion
Project: Executive Mansion, Episode 10, Part 3
Bob and general contractor Sam Daniel tour the outside of the Virginia governor's mansion, giving attention to the landscaping, masonry work, and exterior painting that have been done. Inside, Bob tests the interactive control panel for the special technology systems, which have been installed throughout the mansion. Then, finally, Bob tours the State Capitol building, designed by Thomas Jefferson.
- Part 1: Reviewing the Landscape Design
- Part 2: Tour of the Virginia Capitol Building
- Part 3: Technology Systems in the Governor's Mansion
- Bob is upstairs inspecting the remote device that controls the home's lighting, PA system, HVAC, and entertainment system. In the basement, Bob Ryley is exploring the maze of wires and cables, which provide the mansion's power and data currents.
- Part 4: Wiring the Virginia Governor's Mansion
In Richmond, Virginia, the oldest continuously occupied governor's mansion in America is in need of serious repairs, and Bob Vila's team is there to help. Projects include the complete overhaul and modernization of the basement to include a state-of-the-art caterer's kitchen for official functions, all new mechanical systems, and updates for handicapped accessibility.
ALL EPISODES IN EXECUTIVE MANSION