- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Loft Conversion > Episode 11: Building a Closet System
Mounting Plantation Shutters
Project: Loft Conversion, Episode 11, Part 3
Architect Greg Rochlin is on-site to oversee the fabrication of the hallway closet system-- a multicolored design pieced together in Formica laminate. Lighting designer Markus Earley returns with some snazzy fixtures and controls, and the stackable Maytag washer/dryer unit is installed in the closet.
- Part 1: Discussing the Hallway Walls
- Part 2: Oven Hood and Shelving Installation
- Part 3: Mounting Plantation Shutters
- Bob Ryley installs plantation shutters against a bedroom wall. For the shutters to be mounted and adjusted, a wood jamb had to be fastened to the wall first.
- Part 4: Discussing Built-In Storage
Bob Vila highlights the world of stylish city living by chronicling the conversion of a loft apartment in Boston's Leather District. This unit is getting a top-of-the-line treatment: cutting edge design, custom-made furniture and casework, sleek modern fixtures, and up-to-date appliances.
ALL EPISODES IN LOFT CONVERSION