- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Loft Conversion > Episode 11: Building a Closet System
Oven Hood and Shelving Installation
Project: Loft Conversion, Episode 11, Part 2
Architect Greg Rochlin is on-site to oversee the fabrication of the hallway closet system-- a multicolored design pieced together in Formica laminate. Lighting designer Markus Earley returns with some snazzy fixtures and controls, and the stackable Maytag washer/dryer unit is installed in the closet.
- Part 1: Discussing the Hallway Walls
- Part 2: Oven Hood and Shelving Installation
- A restaurant-quality Braun oven hood vent is installed to compensate for the lack of exhaust outside the building. The fan is equipped with two charcoal filters on either side of the exhaust fan, in addition to the grease filters. Since the range will be vented inside the room, the hood is the best possible solution. Also installed are Metrowire shelves.
- Part 3: Mounting Plantation Shutters
- Part 4: Discussing Built-In Storage
Bob Vila highlights the world of stylish city living by chronicling the conversion of a loft apartment in Boston's Leather District. This unit is getting a top-of-the-line treatment: cutting edge design, custom-made furniture and casework, sleek modern fixtures, and up-to-date appliances.
ALL EPISODES IN LOFT CONVERSION