- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 10: Front Porch Restoration
The Font Porch, Façade, and Yard
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 10, Part 4
Bob talks with architect Alan Berry about his plans for the porch, and contractor Terry Bates gets demolition underway. Carpenter Bob Ryley helps with the ceiling joists, and he and Bob talk about the new columns that have gone up. The front façade is getting a new paint job, and Randy Withers (from Withers Custom Shutters) and Bob discuss the shutters. Landscape work takes place, including the creation of a cobblestone edgeway and installation of a new sprinkler system.
Finally, Bob tours the finished porch with the homeowners. Pier 1 furniture and an outdoor sound system from Sonance are featured. Additional information is available about hydroseeding lawns and creating custom millwork.
- Part 1: Restoring the Front Porch
- Part 2: Weaving Cedar Shingles and Prepping Damaged Wood Trim for Painting
- Part 3: Painting Shingles and Shutters, Landscaping, and Hardscaping
- Part 4: The Font Porch, Façade, and Yard
- Bob visits the completed house and talks to the homeowners about their new home's new façade, with its completed porch and newly landscaped yard.
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD