- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Accessible Home > Episode 3: Installing Siding
Cement Fiber Siding Installation
Project: Accessible Home, Episode 3, Part 1
Arnold (from Crosswinds Enterprises) and Bob demonstrate the easy installation of a special kind of weather- and fire-resistant cementicious siding. In the basement, plumber Gerry Folan and electrician Brad Owens are both busy at work.
- Part 1: Cement Fiber Siding Installation
- Bob confers with contractor Arnold Johnson (from Crosswinds Enterprises), as he adds siding to the accessible home project in the Roxbury section of Boston.
- Part 2: Plumbing With PVC Piping
- Part 3: Electrical Wiring in the Accessible Home
This project follows an urban renewal story, involving grass-roots activism and affordable housing. Bob Vila reports on nine newly built three-bedroom homes, including one with accessibility for people with disabilities.
ALL EPISODES IN ACCESSIBLE HOME