- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Accessible Home > Episode 5: Designing for the Disabled
Building a Wooden Corner Bracket, Part 2
Project: Accessible Home, Episode 5, Part 3
Bob tours the Roxbury project with its architect, Fernando Domenech, who explains the difference between adaptability and accessibility, when it comes to designing homes for the disabled. Carpenter Bob Ryley is on-site to assist George Chin with constructing a large decorative bracket detail for the home's façade.
- Part 1: Making the Home Handicapped Accessible
- Part 2: Building a Wooden Corner Bracket
- Part 3: Building a Wooden Corner Bracket, Part 2
- Carpenter Bob Ryley continues to fashion a wooden bracket for the exterior of the accessible home in the Roxbury section of Boston.
This project follows an urban renewal story, involving grass-roots activism and affordable housing. Bob Vila reports on nine newly built three-bedroom homes, including one with accessibility for people with disabilities.
ALL EPISODES IN ACCESSIBLE HOME