- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Accessible Home > Episode 8: Installing a Tankless Water Heater
Installing Recessed Lighting
Project: Accessible Home, Episode 8, Part 1
After installing a recessed lighting fixture in the Roxbury accessible home, Bob takes a tour of the Lightolier plant in Fall River, MA, where the fixtures are made. Back on site, a tankless water heater is installed. The heater, which is about the size of a suitcase, promises to save the homeowner hundreds in heating bills.
- Part 1: Installing Recessed Lighting
- Ed House (from Cliff Electrical Contractors) is installing recessed lighting. He and Bob discuss the thermal cutoff device, install the fixture itself, and make all the necessary wiring connections.
- Part 2: Tour of the Lightolier Manufacturing Plant
- Part 3: Installing a Tankless Hot Water Heater
This project follows an urban renewal story, involving grass-roots activism and affordable housing. Bob Vila reports on nine newly built three-bedroom homes, including one with accessibility for people with disabilities.
ALL EPISODES IN ACCESSIBLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila