- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Kitchen Remodel > Episode 2: Inspection of Structure
Framing Begins on the Miami Home
Project: Kitchen Remodel, Episode 2, Part 2
Bob joins contractor Ed Weller for a look at another work in progress, a house being built using a number of techniques that are unique to tropical climates. Bob also tours the Barnacle, one of the first houses built in Dade County, to see how early settlers built to deal with the heat. Back on site, work has begun with plant removal and structure inspection.
- Part 1: Building for Hurricane Safety
- Part 2: Framing Begins on the Miami Home
- As part of a Miami kitchen renovation, Bob frames a partition wall made to resemble a banana leaf. He also pours concrete to patch a floor.
- Part 3: Tour of The Barnacle
This project features the remodeling and expansion of the kitchen and family room of a 15-year-old suburban Miami tract house. Innovative and fun projects include walls built using insulated concrete forms, stucco application, and glass block walls.
ALL EPISODES IN KITCHEN REMODEL