- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Kitchen Remodel > Episode 2: Inspection of Structure
Tour of The Barnacle
Project: Kitchen Remodel, Episode 2, Part 3
Bob joins contractor Ed Weller for a look at another work in progress, a house being built using a number of techniques that are unique to tropical climates. Bob also tours the Barnacle, one of the first houses built in Dade County, to see how early settlers built to deal with the heat. Back on site, work has begun with plant removal and structure inspection.
- Part 1: Building for Hurricane Safety
- Part 2: Framing Begins on the Miami Home
- Part 3: Tour of The Barnacle
- Bob tours of The Barnacle, one of the first homes built in Dade County, FL, to see how early settlers built in order to deal with the heat.
This project features the remodeling and expansion of the kitchen and family room of a 15-year-old suburban Miami tract house. Innovative and fun projects include walls built using insulated concrete forms, stucco application, and glass block walls.
ALL EPISODES IN KITCHEN REMODEL