- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 4: Interior Trim and Porch Framing
Restoring the Vintage Bathtub With Synthetic Porcelain
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 4, Part 3
Carpenter Brian Comeaux custom-mills some interior trim details specified by the architect. Back on site, Bob and carpenter Cortney Lofton assemble the details to give the dining room a real 'craftsman' look. The original bathroom fixtures get re-porcelainized on-site, and framing continues on the back porch addition.
- Part 1: Building an Interior Soffit
- Part 2: Kitchen Cabinet Construction
- Part 3: Restoring the Vintage Bathtub With Synthetic Porcelain
- Bob discusses the chemicals and process used to clean and restore the home's vintage bathtub. And a new finish of synthetic porcelain is applied to the pedestal sink, once it's been prepped.
- Part 4: Installing the Roof on the Back Porch
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW