- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 6: Swimming Pool and Porch
Sheathing the Back Porch Roof
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 6, Part 2
The pool crew is on-site to finish up the rebar and to begin spraying on the gunnite. Bob talks about the budget with homeowner Gavin, and takes a look at how the porch is taking shape. Also, a new, unique set of French doors is installed in the master bedroom.
- Part 1: Swimming Pool Construction
- Part 2: Sheathing the Back Porch Roof
- Bob confers with carpenter Cortney Lofton, who explains the framing technique used to replicate the front porch, before he sheaths the new back porch roof.
- Part 3: Custom Door Installation
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW