- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 10: Installing Custom Light Grids
Installing Rope Lights
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 10, Part 1
Installation of the architect's Craftsman-style custom light grids begins with the electrician tackling the back lights. Bob heads around the block to James Thomas Stained Glass to see how the glass aspects are cut and put together. Back on site, the whole grid comes together for a sensational living room feature. The homeowner and architect, Gavin, explains his native Australian concept for the roof insulation, which ensures the house won't need air conditioning, even in summer.
- Part 1: Installing Rope Lights
- Rope lights are installed in the ceiling of the living room. The ropes are cut to length, capped, and clipped into place. They are then covered with a stained glass Arts-and-Crafts-style "skylight."
- Part 2: Making Stained Glass Windows
- Part 3: Attic Insulation
- Part 4: Installing Light Panels
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW