- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Malibu Beach House > Episode 2: House Tour
Adamson Estate Museum Tour
Project: Malibu Beach House, Episode 2, Part 2
Bob tours his the Malibu beach house with contractor Joe Fitzgerald. The two discuss structural improvements that could be made. Next, Bob tours the Adamson Estate Museum for a look at authentic California-Spanish architecture. Back on the site, architects present their plans to convert the beach shack into a Cal-Span showcase home for the 90s.
- Part 1: Touring the Malibu Beach House
- Part 2: Adamson Estate Museum Tour
- Bob tours the Adamson Estate Museum, just down the beach from the project house, where he gets a look at authentic California-Spanish architecture. The home features recessed windows, exposed exterior beams, and Spanish-style roof tiling. As part of the design, there are also many Moorish characteristics, in addition to a traditional Spanish courtyard.
- Part 3: The Architects Present Plans
Bob Vila transforms a California beach house on stilts into an elegant Spanish-style villa, worthy of its glamorous location—Malibu. Projects include an elegant winding staircase, a state-of-the-art sprinkler system, environmentally friendly blown-in cellulose insulation, and seismic code compliance.
ALL EPISODES IN MALIBU BEACH HOUSE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila