- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Malibu Beach House > Episode 4: Demolition and Grade Beam Installation
Malibu Beach House Demolition
Project: Malibu Beach House, Episode 4, Part 2
Bob and the architects review the newly completed caissons, and demolition continues-- a tree from the courtyard is removed, the roof is torn off, and the question of what to do with the debris is considered. Also, Bob installs a grade beam in the garage to comply with California seismic code.
- Part 1: Demolition Continues
- Part 2: Malibu Beach House Demolition
- The roof types of surrounding homes are discussed, together with the possibilities that exist for the project house. As roof demolition begins, Bob addresses the question of debris removal.
- Part 3: Installing a Grade Beam
Bob Vila transforms a California beach house on stilts into an elegant Spanish-style villa, worthy of its glamorous location—Malibu. Projects include an elegant winding staircase, a state-of-the-art sprinkler system, environmentally friendly blown-in cellulose insulation, and seismic code compliance.
ALL EPISODES IN MALIBU BEACH HOUSE