- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 4: Applying Roofing Shingles
Mounting a Skylight and Laying Asphalt Shingles
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 4, Part 2
From the vantage point of the new roof on the new addition, Bob observes the gutter installation and learns how to correctly apply asphalt roofing shingles around a skylight.
- Part 1: Installing Rain Gutters
- Part 2: Mounting a Skylight and Laying Asphalt Shingles
- Bob and roofer Paul Morris begin mounting the skylight, by cutting a rough opening in the roof and laying a weather shield. Once the skylight is mounted and the flashing is applied, Bob helps installs the asphalt shingles.
- Part 3: Building Interior Wall Partitions
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM