- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 8: Deck Work
Framing the Deck and Laying the Deck Boards
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 8, Part 3
Bob and the crew demonstrate how sections of the old backyard deck can be reused in order to save time and money on the new deck. Also, Bob takes a trip to Brunswick, GA to discover how pressure-treated lumber is made to resist weather and rot.
- Part 1: Rebuilding the Deck With Salvaged Lumber
- Part 2: Tour of the Georgia Pacific Pressure-Treated Lumber Plant
- Part 3: Framing the Deck and Laying the Deck Boards
- Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley continue working on the backyard deck. Once they've finished theframing, they begin laying the deck boards.
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM