- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 9: Bookshelf Construction and Installation
Installing a Window Seat
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 9, Part 3
Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley put together some bookshelves in the shop, then build them into the new family room. That room also gets a cozy window seat, and a contractor demonstrates how to trim out the new sliding door.
- Part 1: Building a Bookcase
- Part 2: Trimming French Patio Doors
- Part 3: Installing a Window Seat
- Bob joins carpenter Bob Ryley, who is installing a two-section window seat with a built-in reveal for baseboard heating. With a few measurements and a bit of scribing, Ryley fits the seat to the walls.
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM