- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Dream Garage and Boat Storage > Episode 3: More Foundation Work
Historic Windmill Tour
Project: Dream Garage and Boat Storage, Episode 3, Part 2
The garage project gets a real high-tech foundation, as layers of termite proofing, crushed stone, vapor barrier, rigid insulation, and wire mesh go down before the concrete can be poured. Mechanical contractor Frank Iadarola is on-site to explain how the Heatway hydronic heating system is installed in the slab to create a constant source of gentle heat for optimum car storage. Last, Bob tours an antique post-and-beam windmill at Heritage Plantation in Sandwich, MA.
- Part 1: Discussing the In-Floor Radiant Heating System
- Part 2: Historic Windmill Tour
- Bob tours the Old East Mill, a restored post-and-beam windmill, at Heritage Plantation in Sandwich, MA. In its day, the mill produced rye, corn, salt, and barley. Now it serves as an educational tool for schoolchildren and plantation visitors.
- Part 3: Termite Prevention and Pouring the Concrete Floor
This innovative and functional post-and-beam barn structure is designed to provide space to store, and perform work on, boats and cars. Bob Vila takes us through the story,which centers around creating a state-of-the-art, ergonomically efficient, well-lit, and safe environment.
ALL EPISODES IN DREAM GARAGE AND BOAT STORAGE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
More From Bob Vila