- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Dream Garage and Boat Storage > Episode 10: Installing a Staircase and Paneling
Finishing the Interior and Exterior
Project: Dream Garage and Boat Storage, Episode 10, Part 1
Horticulturist Ruth Foster joins Bob to discuss ways of bringing native trees and vegetation back to the area around the barn, where there's the sterile, sandy soil of Cape Cod. Pitch pine, blueberry bushes, and wildflowers will grace the exterior, while, inside, tongue-and-groove paneling goes up on the walls. Carpenter Bob Ryley builds a sturdy staircase up to the storage loft.
- Part 1: Finishing the Interior and Exterior
- Bob and contractor Bob Ryley install southern yellow pine plywood on the interior of the garage. On the exterior, Bob talks with Greg Binford about adding a stain to the red cedar siding.
- Part 2: Landscaping Plans
- Part 3: Building Wooden Stairs
This innovative and functional post-and-beam barn structure is designed to provide space to store, and perform work on, boats and cars. Bob Vila takes us through the story,which centers around creating a state-of-the-art, ergonomically efficient, well-lit, and safe environment.
ALL EPISODES IN DREAM GARAGE AND BOAT STORAGE