- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Dream Garage and Boat Storage > Episode 11: Heating and Lighting
Discussing the Radiant Heat and Boiler
Project: Dream Garage and Boat Storage, Episode 11, Part 2
Now that the barn's enormous garage doors are in place, Bob shows how the motorized garage door openers from Sears are installed. Frank Ladarola finishes hooking up the hydronic heating system for the floor and locates space heaters in the boat-storage section of the barn. The attractive new interior paneling gets a coat of stain, and lighting designer Markus Earley explains the new Lightolier overhead and track lighting fixtures that will shine on the barn's interior.
- Part 1: Installing the Garage Door Opener
- Part 2: Discussing the Radiant Heat and Boiler
- John Marran (from Energy Kinetics) and heating expert Frank Iadarola review the energy efficient boiler system that will supply heat to the hydronic floors and to two additional units inside the garage.
- Part 3: Installing Track Lighting
This innovative and functional post-and-beam barn structure is designed to provide space to store, and perform work on, boats and cars. Bob Vila takes us through the story,which centers around creating a state-of-the-art, ergonomically efficient, well-lit, and safe environment.
ALL EPISODES IN DREAM GARAGE AND BOAT STORAGE