- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cabin in the Woods > Episode 1: Foundation, Framing, and Septic System
Innovative Septic System Installation
Project: Cabin in the Woods, Episode 1, Part 3
Bob begins this project in a woodsy setting, and, alongside contractor Bob Ryley, discusses plans for the tiny, romantic weekend getaway cottage to be built on the site. The crew gets started right away with the new pre-cast foundation system from Superior Walls of America. The latest in streamlined septic system is installed the same day, and the crew gets started framing the first floor deck.
- Part 1: Precast Foundation System
- Part 2: Installing the Precast Foundation
- Part 3: Innovative Septic System Installation
- Bob meets with Tom Florence, who's installing the Flo-Well septic system. The tank is much lighter than with concrete systems, costs about 20% less, and will last much longer.
Bob Vila explores the concept of sustainable design by putting resource management theories into practice for everyday living. Projects include a pre-cast foundation system, earth-friendly septic system, energy-efficient appliances, and more.
ALL EPISODES IN CABIN IN THE WOODS