- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 3: Framing and Cutting Rafters
Framing the First Floor
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 3, Part 1
- Part 1: Framing the First Floor
- Bob reviews the construction layout of the first floor. The old kitchen has been ripped out to make way for a foyer, coat closet, and staircase. In the garage, a steel beam, or girt, has been placed in order to support the weight of the second floor.
- Part 2: Touring "Old Ironsides"
- Part 3: Home Addition and Construction Timeline
- Part 4: Raising Gable Ends and Cutting Rafters
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION